Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic
We are delighted to have been awarded the ISFM (International Society of Feline Medicine) Cat Friendly Clinic Gold standard, the highest rating available.
The ISFM is an International Charity that setup their Cat Friendly Clinic programme to help address the unique needs of our pet cats and helps us as a practice to make your pets visit less stressful.
Our own Claire Williams is our Feline Advocate and has works hard to ensure that we met and will maintain the Gold standard.
Mochdre Vets is Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic!
Gone are the days when it was acceptable in veterinary medicine to treat a cat like a small dog. As a profession we know many diseases in cats that can be related to stress so designed our practice to minimise the stress to our cat clients as much as possible. In 2019 we were awarded Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic by the ISFM (International Society of Feline Medicine), the highest standard available, this is unique to us in the area and we are only the second practice in North Wales to receive it.
What we offer
- There is a truly a separate cat and dog waiting area. Two rooms separate the dog waiting room and cat waiting room to allow cats to be completely away from the dogs. The cat waiting room is designed to be smaller and darker and there are tables specifically to put your cat baskets on, (as it has been shown to be stressful to cats to see feet walking towards them when they are in baskets). In the waiting room and at reception are towels and blankets if you want to cover your cat carrier and make it darker for them (please just ask the friendly reception staff).
- There is a cat only consulting room which is designed to be smaller and less threatening. By being cat only it won’t smell of dogs. (it is easy to find just follow the black cat!)
- We have Catty hour where we run cat only consult blocks purrfect for non emergencies and means that the amount of dogs and other animals present will be reduced.
- Our cat only ward is fitted with state of the art Cat condos so if your pet has to stay with us again they are provided with state of the art accommodation to help reduce the stress of staying. We also use pheromones and actively encourage owners to visit.
- Our staff regularly undergo cat specific continual progressive development and training. In 2019 Claire completed her ISFM AdvCertFB with distinction and Rhian completed her ISFM Cat Friendly Veterinary Receptionist exam.
- We offer FREE Cat Clinics every Monday. If you need advice on behaviour, introducing a new arrival and what to expect or anything else kitty related then please contact the practice to book your free consult with head nurse Claire for all your kitty queries!
- Between the staff we are the proud owners of 11 different feline friends
Cat only waiting and consult room
Consultation Times (by appointment only)
Monday – Friday 08:00 – 20:00
Saturday 09:00 – 12:00
Sunday 10:00 – 13:00
Mochdre Vets is the trading name for Heywood and Heywood Limited
and is registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 10654839.
Registered Office Williams House, Conway Road, Mochdre, Conwy. LL28 5HE.